Test Your Home Energy Use!
Our extensive home energy audit process includes the following:
- An extensive evaluation of the homeowner’s goals for, and concerns with, the home. (For example, hot/cold spots, excessive energy bills, etc.)
- A thorough visual inspection of the home to identify moisture, air intrusion, and insulation problems.
- An evaluation of the HVAC units and its duct work. If appropriate, a duct blaster test may be conducted to quantify total duct leakage.
- A detailed inspection of the crawl space to identify energy, moisture, pest, or safety concerns.
- An air leakage test conducted using a blower door to accurately gauge total home air exchanges. This test also allows the auditor to identify the culprits in air leakage.
- Testing of the home’s gas appliances for safety and efficiency.
We then compile audit results into a custom report for your home, and our BPI-certified building analyst reviews the needed improvements with you to create an action plan.
See what’s going on in your home today!